This year's theme is "A Day to Remember," and getting started is easy.
- Pick a particular day that is special to you.
- Approach a partner from another generation (mother-child, student-teacher, neighbor-neighbor, etc.) to write a story about the same day of his or her life (e.g., If the day you chose were "My First Day of School," both partners would write about their first day of school).
- Write about your memories. Remember that these are true stories. Each story may be as short as you want, and no story should be longer than 1,000 words.
- Take a picture together if you want.
- Commit to sharing your stories with one another and someone else--perhaps your family on the National Day of Listening (the day after Thanksgiving) or your writing group or school class on National I Love to Write Day (November 15).
- If you are willing to share them with the community, sign the Submission Agreement and submit it with your story/stories to the Plum Borough Community Library; 445 Center New Texas Road; Plum, Pennsylvania 15239.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at elizabethanne.kim(a)gmail.com.
I can't wait to hear from you!